Ensures equipment, tools and plant are cleaned according to the company standards and USDA requirements.
- Makes sure the production room, mixing room and packaging room are clean and free of garbage throughout the production process.
- Cleans any areas where condensation accumulates.
- Cleans employee rest rooms and cafeteria.
- Checks paper towel dispensers, at the beginning of the shift and refills as needed.
- Distributes clean frocks to employees; makes sure used frocks are kept in a proper place.
- Distributes hairnets and gloves as needed.
- Vacuums office areas and empties garbage in offices and hallway.
- Fills soap dispenser as needed.
- Keeps equipment parts during cleaning.
- Takes empty card board boxes from production to the bailer. Informs QA Manager when the compactor is full.
- Follows Company and USDA requirements during cleaning
- Properly uses sanitation chemicals.
- Remove garbage and maintain the following areas clean: dry storage, freezers, shipping/receiving dock and outside grounds
- Remove snow and clear emergency exits outside
- Collecting and bailing plastic and recyclable materials
- Washing and sanitizing equipment during changeovers
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Experience with USDA/FDA and OSHA.
- Team player that generates enthusiasm and builds effective working relationships.
- Bilingual ‚€“ English/Spanish preferred
- High School diploma
- 1-2 years‚€™ experience in the food industry.
- Able to work in the frozen, refrigerated and non-refrigerated environment.
- Able to work with chemicals and lots of water.
- Ability to push and pull heavy loads.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs or more.
- Standing and walking for a long hours.
- Large amounts of repetition.
Typical Work Schedule: 6am - 2:30pm